Christmas is a time of joy and celebration, and also a time of stillness and reflection as we welcome the mystery of a newborn baby bringing hope and light into the world. In our Advent series this year, we will both celebrate and reflect on this Light. On Sunday December 3, the first Sunday of Advent, we will celebrate Jesus as the Light of the World in an all-ages interactive service where we will engage with all our senses in the story of the nativity. We will then look at Light overcoming darkness in our lives and in the world; and at Jesus as the Light who loves, accepts and draws all people. On the fourth Sunday of Advent, which is also Christmas Eve, we will celebrate the birth of Jesus and consider the Light within each one of us through our traditional candlelit service. Each week we will light candles on the Advent wreath representing Hope, Peace, Love and Joy. Weekly Advent activities will provide an opportunity for us to embrace and share Light during this season. Together this Advent, let us open our hearts to the Light, and celebrate the joy of a new birth and new possibilities.
Here’s a look at some ways you can celebrate advent with Cedar Ridge:
- Join us on Sundays at 10 AM for our Advent series, “Let There Be Light,” beginning with a service for all ages on Sunday, December 3:
|Dec 3||Ignite||Advent 1: Hope
Light of the World
|Dec 10||Illuminate||Advent 2: Peace
Light that overcomes Darkness
|Dec 17||Glow||Advent 3: Love
Light that Draws Everyone
|Dec 24||Shine||Advent 4: Joy
Light Within Us
|Dec 31||New Year’s Eve||New Year||TBD|
- Together with your friends and family, participate in the Advent Reflections. Hard copies will be available beginning December 3 and on Facebook.
- Come to the Christmas Party on Saturday, December 2
- Prepare for the season with us at the Advent Quiet Day
- Change a Family’s Life in Ipala, Guatemala this Christmas by giving to our Healthy Homes in Guatemala Project. Stop by the table in the commons on Sundays to find out more.
- Attend the Christmas Eve Service, December 24 at 5:30 PM–bring your family and friends too! (Please note that we will not have morning services that Sunday.)
Cedar Ridge will be closed on Christmas day, December 25. Merry Christmas!
Ring in the New Year with us at our New Year’s Eve Service, December 21 at 10 AM