We want to further explore economic justice issues in our local area and find where Cedar Ridge Community Church can make a lasting, sustainable, practical and relational impact. Through connections made in the community, our service days, our farm deliveries, and a number of meetings with area organizations, a few partnerships look to have potential for the kind of impact we are hoping for.
While we have more work and research to do, here is a list of a few ongoing projects to participate in:
- During the school year, we deliver pre-packed bags of food to contribute to Greencastle Elementary School’s food-in-backpacks program, providing grocery staples to help cover weekend meals for identified families in need. Download a list of needed items here. For more information contact Jennifer Hair or Ugo Samuels.
- About three times a year, as a congregation we share a potluck breakfast together and then send teams out into the community to serve in various projects.
- During our farm’s growing season (typically between April-Oct) we grow fresh, chemical free produce to benefit the hungry in our local area. If you are interested in delivering this year please contact Tinica Mather or sign up online.
- We need volunteers to cook and/or serve meals on the third Saturday of each month at Sophia’s House. We cook in our individual homes and then bring the items to the women’s shelter, arriving at 6:15 pm and serving until about 7:30 pm. Kids are welcome–bring the whole family! For more information or to sign up, contact Caroline Ferrante.
- If you are someone who prays, please pray for economic justice. Despite feeling the odds are a bit stacked against our work at times, we at Cedar Ridge have hope and believe the world can be a wonderful, amazing, light-filled place! You can pray for our work in general, and for the people we come in contact with through our outreach partnerships.