Twice a year, our community gathers for a potluck breakfast at 9AM before departing in groups to serve our community. Some projects occur here in the church building or on our property, for example: working on our farm, making chew toys for rescued dogs, or making “Welcome Home” cards for newly housed people who have experienced homelessness. Off-campus projects include: stream clean-ups, serving the formerly homeless in area group homes, or sorting diapers at the DC Diaper Bank. We value these opportunities to join together, in a service day for all ages, to support our surrounding community.
Join us on Sunday, April 7 for our next day of service. SIGN-UP TO SERVE
Do you have ideas for a project? Contact Tinica. Current projects include:
- Shepherd’s Table: Helping prepare and serve brunch in Silver Spring. They can take 10 volunteers aged 14+.
- DC Diaper Bank: Helping pack diapers, wipes, toiletries. All ages welcome. They have 15 spots for us.
- Prince George’s County Child Resource Center: Large indoor painting project. 6 spots for volunteers aged 14+.
- Burtonsville Elementary School: Weed the courtyards, clean windows, and pick up trash. All ages welcome. 10 spots available.
- Operation Paws for Homes: Make dog chew toys for area foster dogs. All ages welcome.
- Sophia House for Women: Prepare a meal for residents.
- Matthew Henson Trail: Pick up trash along the trail. All ages welcome.
- Frozen food: Sealed, new, not expired frozen vegetables, fruits, side dishes, meats, etc., for Sophia House
- $10 Grocery Gift Cards for the new housed
- Old t-shirts and towels to make into dog chew toys
- Diapers of all sizes–bags can be opened–for the DC Diaper Bank
Projects are eligible for SSL and community service hours.