Twice a year, our community gathers for a potluck breakfast before departing in groups to serve our community. Some projects occur here in the church building or on our property, for example: working on our farm, making no-sew blankets for sick children, or packing non-perishable food into bags to donate to Greencastle Elementary School’s food backpack program. Off-campus projects include: stream clean-ups, serving the formerly homeless in area group homes, or sorting diapers at the DC Diaper Bank. We value these opportunities to join together, in a service day for all ages, to support our surrounding community.
Join us on Sunday, April 7 for our next day of service.
Do you have ideas for a project? Contact Tinica. Past projects include:
- A Wider Circle: Helping to sort donations at their Silver Spring center. They can take any number of volunteers ages 14+.
- DC Diaper Bank: Helping pack diapers, wipes, toiletries. All ages welcome. They have 10-12 spots for us.
- Prince George’s County Child Resource Center: Large indoor painting project. All ages welcome. 12-15 spots.
- Burtonsville Volunteer Fire Department Brunch: Prepare and cook brunch for the fire department’s volunteers at the fire house.
- Project Linus: Make fleece, no-sew blankets for hospitalized children.
- Sophia’s House for Women: Help put together gift bags and cards for residents.