And Now for Some Good News
Discussion Questions for Week 4: Sharing the Good News
- What insights did you gain from the message this past Sunday? What was most helpful for you? What was difficult for you?
- When someone mentions words like “sharing the gospel” or “evangelism” how does that make you feel?
- Is talking about Jesus something that you find easy or difficult? Why? Are there certain situations in which you find it easier to talk about following Jesus?
- Read John 4:1-42.
- Why do you think Jesus, a Jewish man, spoke to the Samaritan woman?
- Why do you think the woman said of Jesus that he “told me everything I ever did”? What might this say about how the woman felt during her conversation with Jesus?
- How did the woman share the good news with her neighbors? What might we learn from her example?
- The speaker on Sunday suggested that listening deeply to the stories of others is a spiritual practice, and is an essential part of sharing the good news. Do you agree with this or disagree? Why?
- We all have many different stories we can tell. Break into groups of two or three. Select one or two scenarios each from the list below and share good news from your own life that relates to that scenario. Listen deeply to one another.
- A time you had low self-esteem
- A time you were anxious or afraid
- A time you were feeling guilty or unclean
- A time you were feeling lonely
Previous Series: New Beginnings
View Previous Discipleship Group Materials