And Now for Some Good News: Discussion Questions for Week 5: Following Jesus into the World
1. What insights did you gain from the message this past Sunday? What was most helpful for you? What was difficult for you?
2. The speaker on Sunday talked about being reborn, made new and made alive in this life now. What does this mean? What does this new kind of life (eternal life) look like? How can we experience the kind of life that Jesus talked about and lived?
3. Read 2 Corinthians 5: 17-18. How does this “eternal life” of Jesus apply to the rest of the world. What are the implications for us and how we relate to the world? With this in mind read Luke 4: 18-19. What is the significance of Jesus quoting these words from the prophet Isaiah here?
4. What are your views about life after death? How did you develop these ideas? What or who influenced you?
5. The speaker on Sunday made the following points about life after death. What is your reaction to each of them?
• Eternal life begins now and is continuous with life after death (so how we live now really matters).
• Death is a surrender to divine life (John 12:23-25)
• Death is a surrender to divine love (1 John 4: -7-9; 18)
• Love never fails so we can have great hope for this life now and life beyond death.
6. What are some of the main challenges you will take away from this series (and how will you respond) regarding:
• Experiencing the Gospel (Good News) personally
• Being the Gospel
• Sharing the Gospel
Previous Series: New Beginnings
View Previous Discipleship Group Materials