At Cedar Ridge Community Church, we seek love, peace and acceptance and work towards a world without artificial and destructive divisions. This year, in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, we will be featuring an art show titled, “Breaking Down Barriers,” at our annual Creative Cup Coffee House Concert and Art Show on Saturday, January 20 at 7 PM.
We would like to extend a welcome to our brothers and sister of other denominations and faith traditions to join us in January. We invite you to submit artwork inspired by the theme of “Breaking Down Barriers”. This theme can be explored on a personal or global scale and express aspects of history, social justice and reconciliation in any media you choose.
We welcome submissions from participants of all ages and artistic abilities, using any media.
Guidelines for Art Submissions:
- Please bring your piece ready to hang or display.
- Provide the title of your work if applicable and your name
- Include a short statement related to your piece (no more than 500 words). This statement can describe your inspiration, art process or personal experience as it relates to the theme “Breaking Down Barriers”.
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 – Sign up for Participation (work does not have to be completed at this time)
- Sunday, January 7, 2017 – Drop off Artwork at Cedar Ridge between 10 AM to 1 PM
- Saturday, January 20, 2017 – Creative Cup Coffeehouse Concert and Art Show at 7 PM
Find out More!
- For questions about artwork submissions, please contact Amanda Bechtel.
Contact Sarah Burke